Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sweet Girl

Recently I've struggled with my identity as 'just' a stay-at-home momma. Don't get me wrong, I love being home with Emma every day, but I'm realizing more and more that I need other hobbies and outlets that I chose in order to be a good momma. So I've been working on that. A big one right now is photography. I absolutely love taking pictures and working hard for a good end result. Eventually I would love to make some sort of small business out of this, but for now it's just a great way to document our life. That all being said, I've had some wonderful moments recently that remind me how lucky I am to be at home with our sweet girl all the time and how much I really do love my job. I love knowing her cues, seeing her sass develop more and more every day, being there for every milestone no matter how small, and teaching her what I can. I love that Emma reaches for me when she is sad or upset, because she knows me as her mother. I love seeing more and more how smart she is and what a little problem solver she is turning out to be. I even love that she is going through an intense clingy phase with Daniel and I, though I'm sure I will live to regret that statement. I'm a pretty lucky momma to have this cute girl around all the time. 


Emma has been trying really hard lately to climb up on the couch. I've very impressed with her perseverance and she has actually succeeded once or twice!

 

Can you just hear her cry for help?

No comments:

Post a Comment