Sunday, April 22, 2012

Conference and Easter 2012

I'm totally getting behind on my blogging. BUT finals are FINALLY over and I've suddenly got a whole lot more time on my hands! Hopefully that means I'll get all caught up on our recent happening soon.

For Conference weekend, we headed up to Ogden to hang out with Dan's family. I just LOVE conference. Two glorious days of listening to our beloved Prophet and Apostles was absolutely fantastic. I'm so grateful not only for our wonderful leaders, but for the technology that we have today to be able to watch them speak on the tv. So awesome.


The hubs and Ethan watching Conference!

He just loves this little guy ;)

Cutest little Korean baby I know!!! I'm one proud auntie.

The next weekend we spent up in Ogden again for Easter! Chris and Janice weren't able to come this time around, but we still had a great time with Dan's parents. The weather was gorgeous and we spent a few hours doing some spring cleaning in the yard. 

Sunday was Easter and the hubs and I woke up to find these lovely things waiting outside our door from our parents...


We're so lucky to have such kind and thoughtful parents on both sides. 

After church, it was time for everyone to dye eggs! Yes, I am indeed still immature enough to love dying eggs ;)

So excited to start!

Hard at work

His favorite egg. Is he cute or what?!

the beautiful eggs!


Then, the real fun began. It was so nice outside, the hubs and I decided to hang out in the backyard and enjoy the nice weather. Dan introduced me to the play structure in the backyard and we had a great time on this terrifying swing.

Testing the rope

Getting ready for take-off!

WOOOO!!!

To actually swing around, you basically have to jump off the platform to swing around to the other side. Fun, but terrifying. I actually did it....and in a skirt! Hence the lack of a picture ;)

Then dinner rolled around. Holy YUM! It was my first time eating lamb and to everyone's surprise, including my own, I thought it was delectably delicious. So yummy. My parents should be really proud of me right now...

The hubs and I had such a great weekend with our family and we're just so grateful for our MANY blessings. I'm so grateful for my Savior and His great atoning sacrifice. I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have of the atonement- to know that Christ died for me, and to know that He has experienced all the pain, sorrow, loneliness, and despair of the world. He knows exactly what I am going through when different trials come my way, and I'm so blessed to have such a loving advocate. 

I just keep thinking about how BLESSED the hubs and I are. We have SO much, and I hope we can always have a spirit of gratitude with us. So if you're reading this post...and I could probably narrow it down to 10 people or less ;) ...know that we love you and are so grateful for your influence in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment