Thursday, January 8, 2015

Anniversary Celebrations

We went to my parent's place for Thanksgiving this year and were lucky enough to stay for almost 3 weeks. One of the best parts was my parents gifting us with a little San Francisco getaway! Our anniversary was right before Christmas, so we counted this as our anniversary celebration. It was so nice to have some time to ourselves and go on a little adventure together. We saw some beautiful things and ate some great food, but also realized we are SO not city people. I really love the idea of living in a big and busy city, but when it comes down to it, we are just not built for the city life.

China town, where we bought Em two presents that she broke in about two minutes.

Beautiful city!

Who knew the 'beauty face' mode on my phone camera would make us so airbrushed beautiful?

Swanky meal for swanky people

The docks!

It is so crazy to me that Daniel and I have been married three years. I know that's not a very unique thought, and I'll probably say that same thing every year, but it's true! This last year has been FULL of ups and downs. Daniel got into multiple medical schools and then made the incredibly difficult decision to turn them down. I say incredibly difficult because at the time he had no idea what he wanted to replace that path with, and being the worrywart I am, didn't have as much support from me as both of us would have liked. But that guy knew what he wanted and knew that medical school wasn't it. So we struggled for a while about what to do and eventually he found a love for programming and we set off on that path. He took a coding bootcamp and got into a masters program at the U, and then made another difficult decision to forgo masters school to try out his hand in the biz with the knowledge he has. Daniel was asked to stay on with the company he did the bootcamp with, and is now working as a mentor with the current bootcamp group until March. This job is turning out to be such an incredible blessing and is providing us with some pretty amazing work experience in a short amount of time. The more we go on this road, the more convinced I am that it is the right one. I'm sure medical school wouldn't have been the worst decision we could have made, but looking back now, I am so thankful for my guy and for his determination to find something that he loves and also that gives him more time with his family. Daniel is such an incredible example to me in so many ways, but recently he has given me the best example of what an amazing parent and spouse is. Sweet little Emma has no idea how lucky she is to have that guy as her dad. He is more involved, concerned, invested, and loving to Emma than I ever could have hoped for. He teaches me every day how to be a better parent. And holy cow, what an amazing husband he is! I want for nothing with his guy. He helps clean, he helps cook (ok maybe it's more like I help him cook, haha!), he takes Emma out when he gets home from work so I can have a break, he is always telling me what a good mom I am and how much he loves me, he works from sun up to sun down for us, and he is an incredible spiritual leader in our home. What it really comes down to is that I love my guy. I love that we've been able to celebrate three hard, but amazing years. And I love that we have many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment